Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Making a Silhouette- Profile Project


Starter pic- profile of child
Print and trace.
 Turn over and scan or cut out and use as a template/stencil.


Making a silhouette from your own photo profile.... I looked online and got ideas how to do this. I cannot recall all the sites. First I got the idea from a magazine showing you how to use a light bulb to trace a profile of your child or whomever, but I quickly realized I could not get my small child to sit still for that long and looked further for how too's on using a photograph. After scanning you can attempt to make digital copy of it and fill it in with black or other but it is very difficult in my opinion. I tried several tutorials but none worked for me. I ended up with a smoothed out version which I also like but not as much as original because it has the detail that makes the profile my daughter. Also I probably should have flipped them back over because they are starting to look backwards to me, but oh well.

Riley Joelle
I also plan to make larger version for scrap book and make it into gifts in some form.


This is the finished product a photo to hang up in my home.
I think I may be addicted to silhouettes now!
Must make more!
Also if you search silhouettes you will find a ton of info, and can purchase them already made or made for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment